Cash App payments are sent instantly to the recipient, but it’s not entirely impossible for a payment to be canceled.
Reasons for canceling a payment on Cash App could vary from sending money to the wrong person to putting the wrong amount of money into a payment request.
In either case, if you wish to cancel a Cash App payment you may be able to do so before the payment is issued to the recipient.
Here’s how to do it.
How to cancel a Cash App payment if the option is available
- Unlock your iPhone, iPad, or Android device and launch the Cash App.
- On the Cash App home screen, locate and then tap on the Activity tab, which will allow you to view all of your Cash App transactions.
- Once you are in the Activity tab, locate the payment that you are looking to cancel.
- Once you identify the payment that you wish to cancel, tap on the payment and a menu with the payment details will pop up.
- Tap on the “…” located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- If there, select “Cancel a Payment” and press “OK” to cancel the transaction.
If an option to cancel your payment is not available, you’ll have to submit a request for refund to your payment.