It’s easy to get a Cash Card through the Cash App, where you can customize the color and signature.
Cash App, like Venmo, is a peer-to-peer payment app that allows you to pay your friends as well as request money from them. This is incredibly useful for splitting meals, buying concert tickets, chipping in for group presents, and more.
When you receive money on Cash App, your balance remains on the app until you transfer it to your bank account, which can take a couple of days. However, if you want to use your balance to shop in stores, without having to wait for it to transfer, all you need to do is apply for a Cash Card — the app’s debit card.
The card is free, customizable, and super easy to apply for, though you have to be 18 or older to apply for it. Once you get your card, you can use it wherever Visa cards are accepted. It can also let you pick “Boosts” to give you great deals on everyday purchases, like coffee, DoorDash, Lyft, and more.
Here’s how to sign up for your Cash Card.
How get a Cash App card
- Open Cash App on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Select the Cash Card tab at the bottom of the screen. It’s the rectangular icon second from the left.
- Tap the multicolored button labeled “GET FREE CASH CARD.”
- Choose your desired color, then tap “Continue.”
- Customize your card by choosing whether to show your Cashtag, then signing it. To sign, tap the field that says “Tap to customize.”
- Write or draw in your signature. You can even add stamps by pressing the little smiley face button under the signature field. When you’re done, tap Next.
- Enter your mailing address, then tap Next.
- Confirm your first and last name.
- Read the details about the Cash Card to your satisfaction. When you’re done, tap Continue.
- The app will tell you that your card number is ready. You should receive your card within 10 business days, according to Cash App. If you want, you can now add money to your Cash App balance, so you can use it when your card arrives.